Organizes, develops, motivates, and builds teams drawing on strong executive and leadership skills. Hands-on decision-maker who knows how to profitably integrate sales, marketing, product development, operations, and finance. Helps management teams assess, organize, and implement effective business processes, including lean, six sigma, product and project management methods resulting in time and cost reduction while increasing customer satisfaction and systemic performance.
- Turnaround Consulting
- Organizational Development
- Leadership/Ownership Alignment
- Integration of Business Functions
- CFO and Auditor Expertise
- Organizational Communication Skills
- Strategic Asset/People Deployment
- Efficient Business Processes
Co-founder and Principal, Business Edge, LLC – Des Moines, IA
- Turnaround, workout and borrower evaluation services
President, Three Dimensional Management Consultants – Des Moines, IA
President, Terry Myers, LLC – Des Moines, IA
- Mentor, guide and teach management teams to develop/integrate strategy, processes, technology and to improve profit, productivity, and teamwork
Adjunct Professor, Drake University, Des Moines, IA (senior and MBA courses)
Vice President, CFO, & Director, EMCO Enterprises – Des Moines, IA
- Organizational restructuring at $100 million multi-divisional manufacturer
Vice President & General Manager, Buker, Inc., Kansas City, MO
- Consulted with manufacturing and distribution management teams to achieve proven and measurable operating improvement
President and Founder, QPS America – Kansas City, MO
- Guided companies to restructure and integrate new management business system software. Sold firm to Buker, Inc., an international consulting firm.
Audit Partner, Merrigan & Associates CPAs, Kansas City, MO
- Consulting focused on working with troubled organizations in various industries
Controller, Electro-Dynamics, Kansas City, MO
- Member of a team that repositioned two integrated electronics plants
Coopers & Lybrand, CPA’s. Kansas City, MO
- SEC and tax: client assignments
- Designed and taught the following management courses and workshops: Business Excellence, Project Management, Demand Management, Product Development, Small Group Improvement Teams, Database Accuracy, Quality Management, Lean, and Balanced Scorecard.
- Authored a reference guide for municipalities, Citywide Quality Management, a city’s guide for establishing cultural change and cost effective quality processes.